Updated: 28 August 2017
Clenbuterol (brand names; Spiropent and Ventipulmin) is a pharmaceutical medication prescribed for disorders such as Asthma. There is a common misconception that Clenbuterol is an Anabolic Steroid, it isn’t. Clenbuterol falls into the beta 2-adrenergic agonist category of drugs. Many athletes, bodybuilders and fitness models use Clenbuterol to help lose weight.
Effects of Clenbuterol
Clenbuterol has a number of different effects on the human body.
Below are a few effects of Clenbuterol:
- Anti Catabolic Properties: Clenbuterol is known to help preserve muscle mass during a weight loss phase. Many bodybuilders also use Clenbuterol during their PCT after a cycle, to help maintain their muscle mass.
- Fat Burning: Clenbuterol has a thermogenic effect on the body, it increases body temperature, which in turn burns more calories.
- Medication for Breathing Disorders: The primary use of Clenbuterol is the treatment of breathing disorders. It causes an increase in aerobic capacity and therefore is used in the treatment of asthma and various other breathing disorders. Many physicians often prescribe it to patients who have asthma. Thus, people with chronic breathing diseases use this drug, enabling them to breathe with ease.
Side Effects of Clenbuterol
Side effects related to Clenbuterol are often dosage related and usually disappear shortly after lowering the dosage.
Some common side effects:
- Jitters (shaking): Many people who use Clenbuterol get this side effect, they often have uncontrollable jitters in their hands.
- Anxiety: It may cause your heart to beat faster which can induce the condition of anxiety and sleeplessness.
- High Blood Pressure: High blood pressure related to Clenbuterol usage is quite common and can be dangerous. You should always check your blood pressure regularly when using this drug.
- Gastric Problems: Many gastric troubles such as vomiting, gastric irritation, etc are common to occur using Clenbuterol.
- Muscle Cramps: Another common side effect that is usually dosage related. Clenbuterol depletes taurine which is an essential electrolyte required by the body and thus leads to muscle cramps.
- Heart Palpitations: This is a severe side effect and can be dangerous. It is recommended to stop using Clenbuterol if you start having heart palpitations.
- Sleeping Troubles: Having trouble sleeping is a common side effect but can usually be avoided by not taking Clenbuterol later in the day.
Clenbuterol as with many medications can have serious side effects. There are however many ways to reduce some of these side effects.
- Stay hydrated and drink electrolytes to reduce the risk of muscle cramps.
- Never take a high dosage, always stick to the recommended dosage.
- Don’t start at a high dose, always start low and work your way up to test your tolerance.
- Don’t take Clenbuterol too late in the day, doing so will cause sleeping problems.
- If any problem persists, stop using immediately.
The most popular way to do a Clenbuterol cycle is the two on two off approach. Either two days on two days off or 2 weeks on two weeks off. Due to the receptors getting saturated after a period it is vital you take time off or else the results will start to diminish. Generally, a Clenbuterol cycle will last around six weeks at two weeks on two weeks off, and it is often also used along with T3 (thyroid hormone) and an Anabolic such as Winstrol, test prop, and Trenbolone. Incorporating Anabolic Steroids into a clenbuterol cycle will lead to much better results.
The maximum dosage for males should not exceed 120mcg/day and for females 80mcg/day. When starting a Clenbuterol cycle, always start at around 20mcg a day and increase the dosage every 2 to 3 days till you reach your desired dose. By using the ramp up method, you can get a feel for how Clenbuterol affects your body and can adjust the dosage accordingly.
Clenbuterol is often used as part of a steroid cycle with steroids such as Winstrol and testosterone propionate, this type of cycle is called a cutting cycle and will deliver excellent results.
How to Buy Clenbuterol
There are a number of ways in which someone can buy Clenbuterol. Unless you have a prescription for Clenbuterol, chances are you will have to buy it from an online source or steroid dealer. Clenbuterol is available from multiple online shops and is usually available in either liquid or tablet form. Due to current legal loopholes, many stores sell liquid Clenbuterol labelled as a research chemical to avoid any legal issues which may arise from the selling of a prescription medicine. However, this loophole will likely be closed soon.