Updated on 28 August 2017
Sold commercially under the name of Deca Durabolin, Nandrolone Decaonate is the second most used injectable anabolic steroid after testosterone. It was first developed in the 1960’s by a company called Organon but was only approved by the FDA for human consumption in 1983 to treat a number of different medical conditions such as Osteoporosis. Deca is a slow acting steroid and has a half life of around 14 days, because of this, Deca only has to be injected once or twice a week. As with Trenbolone, Deca is a 19-no compound which gives it the same progesterone side effects that are also associated with Tren.
Dosages and Cycles
Deca Durabolin is mainly used in bulking cycles, due to the affects this steroid has on the body, it would make no sense to use in a cutting cycle. It is often used at a dosage of 200 to 400mg a week, alongside Testosterone and Dianabol. Due to Deca’s long half life, it can take up to 6 weeks to ‘fully kick in’, this is why a fast acting steroid such as Dianabol is often used with Deca, so that you can start seeing results before the Deca is fully kicked in.
Deca, Test and Dianabol Cycle:
|Dianabol||Testosterone Cypionate||Deca Durabolin||Nolvadex (if needed)|
Once the cycle is complete, make sure to follow a proper PCT protocol. The above cycle is for entertainment purposes only and is not medical advise.
- Low Aromatization Activity: Although Deca does aromatize (convert to estrogen), it does so at a far lesser rate than most other anabolic steroids.
- Stacking: Deca is quite a versatile compound and can be stacked with many different types of steroids.
- Nitrogen Retention and Protein Synthesis: Deca is known to have a great impact on both nitrogen retention and protein synthesis, an increase in both of these leads to faster muscle growth.
- Joint Lubrication: This affect is one of the reasons Deca is so popular. Many people especially power lifters suffer from severe joint pain while lifting heavy weights, Deca helps lubricate the joints which helps take away the pain.
As with all steroids, Deca can give users side effects, however, most users have reported little to no side effects when using Deca at moderate dosages. Like with all steroids, no matter how mild they are, larger dosages always increase the risk of side effects.
- Skin and hair related problems: Hair loss, abnormal hair growth and acne are all a possibility with Deca.
- Increased progesterone levels: An increase in progesterone levels can cause a number of issues, the main problem being gynecomastia. Gynecomastia caused by Deca can only be prevented by using medications such as Cabergoline. AI and SERMS will have no effect in preventing gynecomastia caused from progresterone.
- Insomnia: Although rare, insomnia does occur in some people who use Deca.
- Prostate enlargement: As with most steroids, prostate enlargement can occur. Usually the prostate will go back to normal size once steroid usage has come to a halt.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure, as with most other steroids can occur when using Deca. Always get your blood pressure checked regularly when using steroids.
- Water Retention: Many users have reported serious water retention when using this steroid.
- Cholesterol levels: Deca Durabolin may increase LDL (the bad cholesterol) and lower HDL (the good cholesterol) which can cause other issues in the long run. Always monitor your cholesterol when using steroids.